Who We Are
Author Kristen Casey and the publishing imprint Gallant Fox Press operate the https://kristencasey.com and https://gallantfoxpress.com websites, as well as all associated social media platforms. These sites provide news and information about Ms. Casey’s books and author activities.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address, or postal address.
We may use the information we collect from you when you follow our blog, sign up for our newsletter, fill out a Street Team form, or enter other surveys or giveaways, in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding Kristen Casey’s blog posts, book releases, or sales, as well as other book-related information we think you will find useful.
- To notify you of author events or appearances in your area that Kristen Casey will be attending.
- To market our books to you and others like you.
Whenever you visit our sites, we collect certain information that your browser sends to us, called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We employ third-party companies and individuals to process the data we collect, for the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties, as well as their sub-processors, have access to your Personal Information, so that they may perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. They may not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Ways in Which We Process Your Information
We use the information you provide to us (either specifically or in aggregate) in various ways, including: sending you a copy of our monthly blog posts or analyzing the way users interact with our websites (via WordPress.com), emailing you periodic newsletters which detail our books or relevant author activities (via Mailchimp.com), or marketing to you and other users via the advertising functions of sites such as Facebook and Amazon.com. We will never sell or share your information with third-parties entities, except in the performance of those activities.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
- You have the Right to be Forgotten. You can choose to unfollow our blog, unsubscribe from our newsletters (via the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every newsletter), or otherwise be deleted from our records at any time. Simply contact us.
- You have the Right to Object. You can opt out of certain uses of your information at any time by contacting us or letting us know through the “Preferences” link at the bottom of every newsletter.
- You have the Right to Rectification. If you wish to update your information with us, simply contact us at any time.
- You have the Right of Portability. If at any time you need a copy of the specific information we have collected about you, simply contact us and we will be happy to provide that to you.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, and therefore strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a data breach, users of our sites will be informed in a timely manner, usually within seven days.
Links to Other Sites
Children’s Privacy (COPPA – Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case that we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to perform the necessary actions.